12 Eloquent Leading by Example Quotes
Many leaders today say one thing and do another. They focus on their needs and not that of their team. Here is wisdom that shows us a better way-leading by example.
- “The deeds you do may be the only sermon some persons will hear today” Francis of Assisi
- “What you are speaks so loudly, I can’t hear what you are saying.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The real power of a leader is in the number of minds he can reach, hearts he can touch, souls he can move, and lives he can change.” Matshona Dhliwayo
- “An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching.” Mahatma Gandhi
- “Never separate the life you live from the words you speak.” Paul Wellstone
- “In leadership, the way up is down. Serve before you get served” Bangambiki Habyarimana
- “Nothing so conclusively proves a man’s ability to lead others, as what he does from day to day to lead himself.” Thomas J. Watson
- “Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are often stiffened.” Billy Graham
- “The leader sees things through the eyes of his followers. He puts himself in their shoes and helps them make their dreams come true. The leader does not say, “Get going!” Instead he says, “Let’s go!” and leads the way. He does not walk behind with a whip; he is out in front with a banner.” Wilfred Peterson
- “The world is changed by your example not your opinion.” Paul Coelho
- “Leadership is not position or a title; it’s action and example.” Cory Booker
- “The three most important ways to lead people are:… by example… by example… by example.” Albert Schweitzer
Lead by example through your integrity and character. As one manager told me, “Example and integrity motivate me to be my best not money.” Mark Twain added, “”Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” Talk the walk and walk the talk, and your team will astonish you with high performance.
By the way, do YOU want to assess your leading by examples skills? Take this
complimentary Leading by Example assessment.
Call for consulting, training and coaching services – 888-313-0514 or mail email@example.com.