12 Eloquent Leading by Example Quotes
Most leaders don’t know how to lead by example. Instead, they say one thing and do another. They focus on their needs and not that of their team. Consequently, this leads to distrust. In addition, employees performance is negatively affected. Unfortunately, the workplace becomes an unhappy and toxic place.
Do you want to be a better leader? If so, check out this wisdom about how to lead by example.
- “The deeds you do may be the only sermon some persons will hear today” Francis of Assisi
- “What you are speaks so loudly, I can’t hear what you are saying.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The real power of a leader is in the number of minds he can reach, hearts he can touch, souls he can move, and lives he can change.” Matshona Dhliwayo
- “An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching.” Mahatma Gandhi
- “Never separate the life you live from the words you speak.” Paul Wellstone
- “In leadership, the way up is down. Serve before you get served” Bangambiki Habyarimana
- “Nothing so conclusively proves a man’s ability to lead others, as what he does from day to day to lead himself.” Thomas J. Watson
- “Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others stiffen.” Billy Graham
- “The leader sees things through the eyes of his followers. He puts himself in their shoes and helps them make their dreams come true. The leader does not say, “Get going!” Instead he says, “Let’s go!” and leads the way. He does not walk behind with a whip; he is out in front with a banner.” Wilfred Peterson
- “Change the world by your example not your opinion.” Paul Coelho
- “Leadership is not position or a title; it’s action and example.” Cory Booker
- “The three most important ways to lead people are:… by example… walk the talk, and by example… by example.” Albert Schweitzer
Pulling It All Together
Lead by example through your integrity and character. For example, a highly talented manager explained to me, “Example and integrity motivate me to be my best not money.” Mark Twain added, “”Always do right. This gratifies some people and astonishes the rest.” In summary, whey you talk the walk and walk the talk you team will astonish you with high performance.
In addition, go here for our RealTime Learning & Training leadership and personal development website. Micro-learning and career advancement at your fingertips!
Finally, do you want to accelerate your career? See our 21 Servant Leadership Training Lessons.