19 Communication Quotes of Insightful Wisdom
The number one problem in organizations is the lack of communication. This includes executives with one another. Furthermore, it maliciously spreads to management across departmental silos. And, of course, between managers and employees. It is a deadly disease that saps the productivity out of everyone. Why is it such a problem? First, people in general are selfish and looking out for themselves. Second, organizations tend to promote competitive cultures that pit people against one another. Therefore, distrust, fear, and a lack of teamwork prevail. As a result, company cultures become negative, combative, and toxic in nature.
These nineteen communication quotes remind us there is a better way. Things can change for the better. How? We focus on the needs of others not just our own–people first. This is also the way of Servant Leadership. Companies and leaders that communicate powerfully and positively gain a competitive edge in the marketplace.
10 Valuable Communication Quotes
- “Another vitally important attribute along the road to wisdom in interpersonal success is to listen well. This means that you pay total attention to those that are speaking to you and not barging into the conversation because you want to insert your opinion.” Catherine Pulsifer
- “The 3 C’s of healthy relationships: communication, compromise, commitment.” Unknown
- “Emotional awareness is necessary so you can properly convey your thoughts and feelings to the other person.” Jason Goldberg
- “But good healthy communication is impossible without openness, honesty, and vulnerability.” Paul Kendall,
- “Good communication is just as stimulating as black coffee, and just as hard to sleep after.” Anne Morrow Lindbergh
- “To effectively communicate, we must realize that we are all different in the way we perceive the world and use this understanding as a guide to our communication with others.” Tony Robbins
- “When we are fully present, we have access to our greatest power, creativity and ability to communicate and perform exceptionally at whatever we are doing.” Christopher Babson
- “The way we talk to our children becomes their inner voice.” Peggy O’Mara
- “We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.” Epictetus
- “Communication – the human connection – is the key to personal and career success.” Paul J. Meyer
9 More Eloquent Communication Quotes
- “To have good communication skills means you are able to make your point without a lot of fillers and stumbling.” Gregory Davidson
- “Communication is your ticket to success, if you pay attention and learn to do it effectively.” Theo Gold
- “The most important thing in communication is to hear what isn’t being said.” Peter Drucker
- “Every time I stand to communicate, I want to take one simple truth and lodge it in the heart of the listener. I want them to know that one thing and know what to do with it.” Andy Stanley
- “Conflict avoidance is not the hallmark of a good relationship. On the contrary, it is a symptom of serious problems and poor communication.” Harriet B. Braiker,
- “A great leader needs to possess a balance of traits, and the ability to share them with others, including commitment, communication, confidence, creativity, honesty, inspiration, intuition, loyalty, prioritization, and the ability to laugh and learn from mistakes what I like to call experience.” Jason Navallo
- When we listen with the intent to understand others, rather than with the intent to reply, we begin true communication and relationship building. Opportunities to then speak openly and to be understood come much more naturally and easily.” Stephen Covey
- “We are stronger when we listen, and smarter when we share.” Rania Al-Abdullah
- “The art of communication is the language of leadership.” James Humes
In conclusion, as individuals and managers take responsibility and the initiative to create better communication, any workplace or relationship can improve. It starts with caring and empathy for one another. All of us must learn, train, study, and prepare to be more effective. Yes, even in the office, shop floor or at home. For a bonus quote, as Joseph Sommerville said, “We take communication for granted because we do it so frequently, but it’s actually a complex process.”
Also, go here for our RealTime Learning & Training leadership and personal development website. Over 250 micro-learning and career development resources at your fingertips!
In addition, see this RealTime Learning and Training module: Communicating Powerfully and Positively with Your Team.
Finally, do you want to accelerate your leadership success and learn more about Servant Leadership? Go here for Rick’s newest book. The 5 Dynamics of Servant Leadership: Inspire Your Team to Achieve