21 Great Leadership Coaching Quotes
Read these insightful and powerful coaching quotes. Each is especially selected to identify steps to great coaching, while sharing words of wisdom. Most organizations and managers talk about coaching people, but fail in the practice of it. Most importantly, be one of the “real” coaches who establishes trust, builds people up, and achieves significant sustainable positive results.
11 Great Coaching Quotes to Remember and Apply
- “Coaching…which can help managers talk with their subordinates about their developmental needs….absolutely affects the relationship.” Time Magazine
- “Coaching is releasing a person’s potential to maximize their own performance. It is helping them to learn rather than teaching them.” Unknown
- “I believe that wherever there is mastery, coaching is occurring and whenever coaching is done, mastery will be the outcome.” Andrea J. Lee
- “Who exactly seeks out a coach? Winners.” Chicago Tribune
- “The manager needs to have a coaching mindset, looking for opportunities to help others learn…. The coach and coachee relationship must be one that rests on a foundation of trust that can allow the coaching dialogue to take place.” James M. Hunt
- “Everything in coaching hinges on listening because what we are listening for affects where we are speaking from and unfolds how we are being with and for each other.” Marilyn Atkinson & Rae Chois,
- “Probably my best quality as a coach is I ask a lot of questions and let the person come up with the answers.” Phil Dixon
- “A coach is someone who tells you what you don’t want to hear, who has to see what you don’t want to see, so you can be who you always known you could be.” Tom Landry
- “Coaching is the universal language of change and learning.” CNN
- “A manager is a title, it does not guarantee success. Coaching is an action, not a title and actions will result in successes!” Catherine Pulsifer
- “Coaching is a profession of love. You can’t coach people unless you love them.” Eddie Robison
10 More Great Coaching Quotes
- “Everyone needs a coach, whether it’s a top level executive, a graduate student, a homemaker, a homeless person or the President of the United States.” Anthony Robbins
- “The best coaches really care about people. They have a sincere interest in people.” Byron & Catherine Pulsifer”
- “The goal of coaching is good management: to make the most of an organization’s valuable resources.” Harvard Business Review
- “What I learned is that if a coach lacks sufficient persistence, he will be unable to complete the critical task of finding growth opportunities out of adversity.” Seth Davis
- “I realized that life had much more to offer than I had anticipated and decided to help others in their human journey. Therefore, I became a trainer and a coach with passion for transformation.” Ann Betz
- “Coaching is a unique process of human development, one that works to change a person’s life for the better and help him or her achieve a number of specific objectives.” Ian Berry
- “I absolutely believe that people, unless coached, never reach their maximum potential.” Bob Nardelli
- “Coaches and the people they coach know that for the future to be different, we need to change the way we do things in the present…. More often, changes involve shifts in attitudes, thinking, perceptions, and behavior.” Gary Collins
- “A coach can play any number of roles-mentor, consultant, motivator, but one things she is not is a therapist. Coaching deals with the “how”: how you move from where you are and make change. It’s action oriented and concerned with the present and future not the past.” Shape Magazine
- “Executives and HR managers know coaching is the most potent tool for inducing positive personal change, ensuring better than average odds of success and making the change stick for the long term.” The Ivy Business Journal
Summing It All Up
In summary, you know it takes more than a few coaching quotes to create an excellent coach. Keep in mind the research shows that coaching works. Think about it, manager, you have to diligently work on your performance, just like the employees you want to do better. Certainly, check out the resources below to help.
From this day forward become a student of the game. Ask yourself, what can I learn from these great coaching quotes? Get a coach yourself. Practice long and apply yourself. It will help transform you from manager to leader, dramatically increase your team’s results, and accelerate your career. Coaching is the secret sauce to leadership success.
In addition, are you looking for even more than coaching quotes? Go here for positive coaching two of our best-selling coaching learning modules. Coching for Results, and The Superstar Coaching Self-Study Guide.
Also, see Rick’s newest eBook: The 5 Dynamics of Servant Leadership.
Finally, go here for our RealTime Learning & Training leadership and personal development website. Micro-learning and career advancement at your fingertips!