33 Exceptional Customer Service Quotes that Challenge Us
The thirty-three exceptional customer service quotes arise from leaders that believe in delivering the best customer service. What is the effect of significantly improving a company’s customer experience? The numbers tell the story.
- 70% of customer will continue to do business with you if you resolve a complaint effectively. 78% of loyal customers spend more and recommend you to others.
- 90% of customers will pay more for good customer service.
- Loyal customers are worth 10 times as much as their first purchase.
- It is 7 times more expensive to get a new customer than it is to keep a current customer. The PIMS database shows highly rated customer service companies grow more than twice as fast
as lower rated companies.
- Companies who make customer service a priority make 60% higher profits than rivals.
- Increasing customer retention by 5% can increase profits up to 125%.
- An ACSI study proved that the leading companies consistently outperformed the market by
considerable margins. ACSI leading companies outperformed the Dow by 93%, the Fortune 500 by 20% and the NASDAQ by 335%.
- 80% of companies believe they deliver superior service only 8% of customers agree.
- Companies lost $339B worldwide due to poor service. In the US it is $84B which represents 1.4% of all
corporate profits (before tax) in the last year. Did you catch that? What if you could cut that in half or
- An AmEx study found customers are willing to spend 17% more with companies that deliver excellent service.
Impressive, isn’t it? Read and learn these quotes and put them to work.
- “Customer service is just a day in, day out ongoing, never ending, unremitting, persevering, compassionate, type of activity.” – Leon Gorman
- . “My definition of ‘innovative’ is providing value to the customer.” – Mary Barra
- “A strong customer service culture can’t be copied.” – Jerry Fritz
- “When you serve the customer better, they always return on your investment.” – Kara Parlin
- “If you don’t care, your customer never will.” – Marlene Blaszczyk
- “Customer service is about empathy.” – Chaz Van de Motter
- “A satisfied customer is the best business strategy of all.” – Michael LeBoeuf
- “Stellar service should be non-negotiable, and merchants shouldn’t hide behind self-service tools and technology when it comes to knowing their products and taking care of their customers.” – Lauren Freedman
- “Building a good customer experience does not happen by accident. It happens by design.” – Clare Muscutt
- “If you’re not serving the customer, your job is to be serving someone who is.” – Jan Carlzon
- “The customer’s perception is your reality.” – Kate Zabriskie
11 Customer Service Quotes: Living It
- “If you are not taking care of your customer, your competitor will.” – Bob Hooey
- “The price of inaction is far greater than the cost of a mistake.” – Meg Whitman
- “Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They DO expect you to fix things when they go wrong.” — Donald Porter
- “Life is for service.” – Fred Rogers
- “There is a spiritual aspect to our lives — when we give, we receive — when a business does something good for somebody, that somebody feels good about them!” – Ben Cohen, Co-Founder Ben & Jerry’s
- “Courteous treatment will make a customer a walking advertisement.” – J. C. Penny
- “We see our customers as invited guests to a party, and we are the hosts. It’s our job to make the customer experience a little bit better.” – Jeff Bezos, Founder Amazon
- “Until you understand your customers — deeply and genuinely — you cannot truly serve them.” – Rasheed Ogunlaru, Author of Soul Trader
- “A brand is no longer what we tell the customer it is – it is what customers tell each other it is.” – Scott Cook
- “The goal as a company is to have customer service that is not just the best but legendary.” – Sam Walton, Founder Walmart, and Sam’s Club
- “The magic formula that successful businesses have discovered is to treat customers like guests and employees like people.” – Tom Peters, Best-Selling Author
11 Customer Service Quotes: The Practice
- “Rule 1: The customer is always right. Rule 2: If the customer is ever wrong, read Rule 1.” – Stew Leonard’s Grocery Store Customer Policy
- “Sales without Customer Service is like stuffing money into a pocket full of holes.” – David Tooman, Customer Service Professional
- “You need to get to the future, ahead of your customers, and be ready to greet them when they arrive.” – Marc Benioff
- “The two most powerful things in existence: a kind word and a thoughtful gesture.” – Kenneth Langone
- “We don’t want to push our ideas on to customers, we simply want to make what they want.” Laura Ashley
- “Goodwill is the only asset that competition cannot undersell or destroy.” – Marshall Field, Founder Marshall Field and Company
- “Service, in short, is not what you do, but who you are. It is a way of living that you need to bring to everything you do, if you are to bring it to your customer interactions.” – Betsy Sanders, Author Fabled Service
- “The purpose of a business is to create and keep customers.” – Theodore Levitt
- “It is not your customer’s job to remember you, it is your obligation and responsibility to make sure they don’t have the chance to forget you.” – Patricia Fripp, Professional Keynote Speaker
- “You are serving a customer, not a life sentence. Learn how to enjoy your work.” Laurie McIntosh
- “Spend a lot of time talking to customers face-to-face. You’d be amazed how many companies don’t listen to their customers.” — Ross Perot
Bottom-line, great service pays and poor service costs. Whatever your role in an organization, take these quotes to heart and with that make a positive difference on your team first and then your customers. Great service demands great employee morale, retention, and engagement!
Consider, research shows that Servant Leadership practices delivers great employee engagement which relates to a better customer experience for customers.
In addition, check out our this new training: 21 Servant Leadership
Finally, check out our RealTime Learning and Training micro-learning and training library with over 30o resources for leadership and personal/career development.