37 Terrific Teamwork Quotes: Embracing the Power of Unity
Teamwork works! These teamwork quotes illustrate that. Yet, research demonstrates that 60% teams fail. Another study shows that 75% of teams are dysfunctional. Company slogans chant T.E.A.M. meaning together everyone achieves more. However, too often it is a hollow slogan.
When employee engagement and management effectiveness is low teamwork fails. Corporate silos, toxic cultures, and company politics derail the efforts. In addition, the dog-eat-dog race for high performance of executive management (get ahead fast through taking on more and beating the other guy) supports a contentious and sometimes malicious culture. Yet, company leaders say they need to rely on teamwork more than ever. And 93% plan on organizational change that requires greater teamwork.
The following teamwork quotes highlight the importance of working together, trusting each other’s abilities, and achieving greatness through collaboration and unity. Leaders who embrace these concepts learn how to deliver and teach teamwork, so their teams excel.
- “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” – Helen Keller
- “Teamwork makes the dream work.” – Bang Gae
- “Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean.” – Ryunosuke Satoro
- “To build a strong team, you must see someone else’s strength as a complement to your weakness and not a threat to your position or authority.” – Christine Caine
- “Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success.” – Henry Ford
- “The strength of the team is each individual member. The strength of each member is the team.” – Phil Jackson
- “Great things in business are never done by one person. They are done by a team of people.” – Steve Jobs
- “A single arrow is easily broken, but not ten in a bundle.” – Proverb
- “None of us is as smart as all of us.” – Ken Blanchard
- “In teamwork, silence is not golden. It is deadly.” – Mark Sanborn
- “A team is more than a collection of people. It is a process of give and take.” – Barbara Glacel
- “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships.” – Michael Jordan
- “Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision. The ability to direct individual accomplishments toward organizational objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results.” – Andrew Carnegie
- “Unity is strength…when there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved.” – Mattie Stepanek
- “The best teamwork comes from people who are working independently toward one goal in unison.” – James Cash Penney
- “Snowflakes are one of nature‘s most fragile things, but just look what they can do when they stick together.” –Vesta M. Kelly
- “Teamwork is what makes common people capable of uncommon results.” — Pat Summitt
- “Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success.” – Unknown
- “We may have all come on different ships, but we’re in the same boat now.” — Martin Luther King, Jr.
- . “It is amazing how much people can get done if they do not worry about who gets the credit.” – Sandra Swinney
- “A team is not a group of people who work together but a team is a group of people who trust each other.” — Simon Sinek
- “I’ve never scored a goal in my life without getting a pass from someone else.” — Abby Wambach
- “Many hands make light work.” – John Heywood
- “The truth is teamwork is the heart of great achievements.” – John Maxwell
- “Synergy – the bonus that is achieved when things work together harmoniously.” – Mark Twain
- “Individual commitment to a group effort – that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.” – Vince Lombardi
- “The most important single ingredient in the formula of success is knowing how to get along with people.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed.” — Napolean Hill
- “The key elements in the art of working together are how to deal with change, how to deal with conflict, and how to reach our potential… the needs of the team are best met when we meet the needs of individuals persons.” — Max De Pree
- “We must stand together; if we don’t, there will be no victory for any one of us.” — Mother Jones
- “The nicest thing about teamwork is that you always have others on your side.” — Margaret Carty
- “Gettin’ good players is easy. Gettin’ ’em to play together is the hard part.” – Casey Stengel
- “Until all of us have made it, none of us have made it.” — Rosemary Brown
- “The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.” – Aristotle
- “When you need to innovate, you need collaboration.” — Marissa Mayer
- “In union, there is strength.” –Aesop
- “Collaboration has no hierarchy. The Sun collaborates with soil to bring flowers on the earth.” — Amit Ray
The Powerful Business Benefits of Terrific Teamwork
The benefits of terrific teamwork are significant. Only an egomaniac would not want to realize these bottom-line gains for their company or career. For yourself, why not embrace the power of unity?
- Increased Productivity: According to a study by the McKinsey Global Institute, productivity improves by 20-25% in organizations with connected and collaborative employees.
- Higher Employee Engagement and Profitability: Gallup’s research suggests greater teamwork in a company leads to higher employee engagement and outperforming other organizations by 21% in terms of profitability.
- Improved Creativity and Innovation: A study published in the Harvard Business Review found that teams that work collaboratively are up to five times more likely to be high performing, leading to more innovative and creative solutions.
- Reduced Turnover and Absenteeism: A report by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) found that organizations with effective teamwork experience 50% lower turnover rates.
- Cost Savings: A study by Deloitte Insights reported that companies that promote collaborative working are 30% more cost-effective.
- Customer Satisfaction and ROI: Finally, The Forrester Organization found companies with superb teamwork increased their NPS ratings from 14 to 58 with a net ROI of 437%.
A lack of team training, alignment, collaboration, positive communication, and trust are major obstacles to high performing teams. To achieve terrific teamwork, leaders must first put people first and apply Servant Leadership. Then, invest in the effort to teach it and align their organizational processes to support it. It is arduous work and that is why teamwork is so valuable. Few are willing to be consistent and persistent, but the bottom-line gains are worth it.
Also, go here for added insight and a complimentary resource called team training–4 Keys to Creating a High-Performance Team.
In addition, see our Creating a High Performance Team Leadership Training–10 Powerful and Proven Lessons. Micro-learning and career advancement at your fingertips!
Finally, see Rick’s newest book. The 5 Dynamics of Servant Leadership: How to accelerate your career and inspire your team! See his newest self-directed leadership training: 21 Servant Leadership Training Lessons.
Why not join us on LinkedIn for the Servant Leadership revolution that is taking place about the power of people? Go here: ServantLeadership@RickConlow International. THANK YOU!
CEO/Founder, Rick Conlow International: RCI transforms managers into leaders by coaching and training them to become Servant Leaders. Clients achieve record-breaking performances in sales growth, customer experience improvement, employee engagement and leadership effectiveness. Furthermore, RCI’s online resources coach and train all managers or employees to higher levels of career success.