5 Mindset Tips about the Success of Champions
How Do You Achieve a Breakthrough Mindset?
- Self-development is self-management. There is no self-improvement only increasing in the ability to be all that you already are. You can’t change others but you can change yourself. Learn to focus on what’s most important. Get better organized. Know and act on your top priorities. For example, at work take care of the customer. At home, spend time with your children and spouse. If you don’t plan it, you most likely won’t do it.
- You have to change proactively not reactively. To manage yourself to increase your effectiveness you must be willing to change some habits to increase productivity. So, start small, and build on it. Remember, you can’t do everything at once.
- All good mindset and championship performance begins with clear goals. A foundation to self-management is to respond to all events based on your goals and priorities rather than responding to current difficulties, problems or needs.
- Keep learning-diligently. Enroll in 4-6 education and training programs every year. Get a degree. Read a new book in your field every month. Attend webinars every week. Always to be learning. Finally, if you aren’t learning you are decaying and dying. With learning you are growing and becoming.
- Never give up! All of us will fail. If we learn that’s how we succeed again. Success isn’t winning every time. It’s being resilient enough to get back up after a fall. Thus, that’s the courage of a champion.
The “Best” of the Best Exercise
Certainly, with these approaches, winning is more than an outcome it’s an attitude. Mind and body and spirit are intricately intertwined; to control what you do, better control what you think. Just like a champion athlete systematically physically and mentally prepares to win the gold, champion salespeople, leaders, and customer service reps do likewise. Make the effort to learn more, know your product, gain new techniques to be customer centered, and prepare mentally too. It will help you handle the setbacks that go with any career, let alone life in general. This is called emotional resiliency and is a key to a successful mindset.
Furthermore, try this mindset exercise. Think of a time in your career when you did your best work ever. Choose a situation that exemplifies your highest performance. Get a clear mental picture of the event. Replay it in your mind as if it were a movie. For instance, think of the details –people, problems, sounds, feelings, and surroundings. Review in your mind what happened, how you behaved, what you felt and achieved. In addition, capture your thoughts with the questions below:
- What was the situation?
- What was your motivation to succeed or act?
- How did you feel?
- What key behaviors or strategies did you use? Write out what worked and what didn’t work.
- Identify 3-5 lessons can you learn or relearn about your education, career or success in life.
Summing up a Success Mindset
In summary, practice to replicate the above experience, you will learn how to easily adjust your mindset as needed. You will begin to transform your thinking, efforts and results. To be the best you can be, make a commitment to personal development and excellence. Therefore, if you want to be exceptional, do exceptional things. The difference between winners and losers is that the winners are champions that do what losers won’t do at all or won’t do enough.
Do you want more success in life and in achieving your goals? If so, check out this 98 page eBook roadmap to success: GoalPower: How to Increase Your Personal and Professional Success.
Finally, do you want to really accelerate your career? Check out one or more of my books in the Superstar Book Series for a boost.
Download Creating a High Performance Team
Sign up now to supercharge your team's performance today with Rick's eBook, Creating a High Performance Team: 7 Lessons for Team Mastery.