Excellence: The Ultimate Leadership Success Secret
Excellence is defined as:
- Doing more than expected.
- Focusing on the highest standards.
- Acting your very best in all that you do.
- Going the extra mile.
- Committing to continuous learning.
- Helping others succeed and sharing your success with others.
- Living with integrity.
5 Powerful Quotes about Excellence
- “Excellence is the unlimited ability to improve the quality of what you have to offer.” Rick Pitino
- “Excellence is not a skill; it’s an attitude.” Ralph Marston
- “We are what we repeatedly do, excellence is not an act but a habit.” Aristotle
- “The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential… these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence.” Confucius
- “Excellence is doing the common things in an uncommon way.” Booker T. Washington
The wise man also learned that all excellence is equally challenging. Along the way he met many who had excuses for their failure like:
- It takes too much time.
- It isn’t fair.
- Other people get in the way.
- Nobody helps me.
- It’s too hard.
Ultimately,this is why so many managers stumble and fail. They are unwilling to put in the effort to learn, to change, and to mentor and coach others. Those that are diligent and persevere reap the rewards in personal and career achievements. Legendary football coach Vince Lombardi wisely said, “The quality of a person’s life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of his chosen field of endeavor.”
To improve your coaching go here for a complimentary guide: Coaching for Results Assessment and Self-Study.
For accelerated individual online leadership training go here: RCI Online Leadership Training.
Want to accelerate your career? Check out one my books in the Superstar Book Series for a boost!
Download Creating a High Performance Team
Sign up now to supercharge your team's performance today with Rick's eBook, Creating a High Performance Team: 7 Lessons for Team Mastery.