How Successful Managers Plan to Win with Their Teams
What’s your plan for your team’s success this month, quarter and year? If you don’t plan well, you are planning to fail. In this leadership training video, Rick will share with you 3 levels of operational planning that will lead you to victory. Most managers and companies don’t plan well. See these telling statistics about company leaders:
- Only 27% of plans are based on employees workload.
- Only 35% believe their planning and execution process gets results.
- 73% of CEOs say improvement is needed in planning, strategy & execution.
- 75% of managers don’t have an incentive tied to executing new strategies and plans.
- 82% of CEOs believe don’t believe their execution of plans is effective
- 92% of organizations don’t track results on the execution of their plans.
- 95% of managers and employees don’t understand what’s expected of them related to company plans and execution.
How will this affect your team plan?
If you get your team involved in creating a team plan, and ask for their input; you will create understanding, commitment, motivation and buy-in. You will have an advantage over other managers. Your team will begin to perform better than others.
A key area of planning involves translating team plans into individual performance plans for each employee. Help each person on your team achieve their career and personal goals. This will help accelerate your team’s productivity and results. Follow-up and reinforce this with great coaching to catapult results. Give your team what they want and you will get what you want.
Finally, just as each employee needs goals and plans so does each manager. You have to know what you want, too. Take the time to formulate your personal and professional game plans.
These 3 planning levels gives you a Win/Win scenario for your team and you. Want to have a great year and improve results? Watch this leadership training video clip and access the resources below. If you like the video, click thumbs up.
By the way, do you want to elevate your performance planning with employees? If so, check out this complimentary resource: Bluebook Goal and Planning Guide
Or, do you want a proven game-plan for career success? If so, check out Doug and Rick’s Superstar Leadership book.